The Staff Accountant II is responsible for applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP") and procedures to analyze financial information; prepare accurate and timely financial reports and trial balances; assist with developing and enforcing appropriate accounting control procedures; assist, as necessary, with closing or review of subsidiary financial statements, and assist in the preparation of our consolidated financial statements. In addition, the Accountant II will participate in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, as necessary, including post-acquisition integration and development of internal control systems for newly acquired businesses.
Position reports to the Accounting Manager. All departures from company policies and procedures will be communicated to the Accounting Manager, as soon as identified. Accounting Manager will review and approve work performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare journal entries as part of the month end close process.
* Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts as part of the month end close process to ensure financial results of operations are accurately represented and in conformance with US GAAP.
* Assist with integration activities for newly acquired subsidiaries, as necessary
* Assist with development of internal control processes and procedures for subsidiaries
* Collect and maintain appropriate backup for auditor review and 404 compliance.
* Assist in footnote preparation for quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K SEC filings.
* Assist with the management of the Fixed Asset process, policy and procedures for book and tax.
* Assist and prepare documentation to support amounts reported in the Company's corporate income tax returns.
* Participate in the quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
* Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
* Provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
* Perform special accounting projects as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
* CPA and/or MBA preferred
* Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience - experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
* Good knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting application issues
* Ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
* Experience with SOX 404 compliance
Competencies and Skills:
* Solid written, verbal, communication, and analytical skills a must
* Good command of the English language in both written and oral communication
* Self-motivated, independent and proactive worker with a high level of organization, professionalism and attention to detail
* Strong Microsoft excel skills
* Familiarity and willingness to work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced team environment
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
* Normal office environment and office lighting
* Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer and possible eye strain
Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
* Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Internal Number: SHB-2796
About American Outdoor Brands Corporation/Smith & Wesson
At American Outdoor Brands, we are proud to offer some of the most popular names in the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast markets!
We are dedicated to creating, growing, and preserving strong consumer brands that deliver innovative and high-quality products. Our efforts focus on meeting the needs of consumers who have a passion for the adventure, freedom, and personal inspiration offered by embracing the great outdoors. We have successfully grown from a single firearms operating division founded in 1852 under the iconic Smith & Wesson brand to four operating divisions today.
With more than 18 highly respected consumer brands -- and growing -- we are well positioned to serve the large outdoor lifestyle products market opportunity. American Outdoor Brands Corporation represents our enhanced strategic direction, our broad range of product offerings, and our plan to continue building upon our portfolio of strong American brands. American Outdoor Brands Corporation serves as the holding company for the historic Smith & Wesson Corp., Battenfeld Technologies, Inc., and Crimson Trace Corporation, which represent our firearms, manufacturing services, accessories, and ele...ctro-optics divisions.
We have only just begun our journey toward achieving our vision of being the leading provider of high-quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast. This large and growing market is populated by active lifestyle consumers who pursue their activities with passion and seek out brands they can trust. With a track record of creating, preserving, and acquiring respected brands, we remain committed to our future growth -- focusing on brands that best support the needs and lifestyle of our valued customers.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer, and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.
BACK TO TOP
MSCPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MSCPA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MSCPA Career Center.
Massachusetts Society of CPAs 105 Chauncy Street, 10th Floor,
Boston, MA 02111