Kevin P. Martin & Associates (KPM), a progressive Top 15 Firm with offices in Braintree, Danvers, Fall River and Boston has a unique opportunity for an Audit Manager with extensive experience in Affordable Housing who is looking for a more flexible schedule. KPM offers a progressive, dynamic environment and a team-based approach to client service that provides a unique opportunity for employees to develop professionally while promoting work / life integration.
The firm has a national practice in affordance housing and we are looking for a person who can help us continue to grow this practice. This individual should be comfortable with direct client contact. The individual will need to manage a team of professionals. At the individual’s option, this management may be fully remote or could include in-house management if geographically convenient. Strong management skills are essential.
This position is specifically for the individual looking to stay involved in public accounting but that is not looking for a full-time load. With the ability to work seasonally during our busiest times of the year (January – April/May and potentially September – November if available), this is a great job for the individual looking to spend more time with their family, or who is looking to take a step back from year-round public accounting work. This flexibility also allows for this position to be in-person or remote depending on the right candidate’s needs.
This individual must be eligible to work within the United States.
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com
- 6 plus years of public accounting experience (recent public experience preferred);
- Manage client base and service delivery filing requirements;
- Manage client engagements from planning, through conduct and supervision, to wrapping engagements
- Strong technical skills in reviewing all audited or reviewed materials, with a strong working knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, HUD and/or Uniform Guidance requirements;
- Ability to train staff
- Able to conduct complex research projects;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; with a heavy emphasis on client relationship management
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize under tight deadlines;
- Strong technology skills, with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams, preferred. Experience with Profx Engagement is a plus.
- Be an industry thought leader, focused on disruption techniques both within audit and client industries
- Bachelor's (or Master’s) degree in accounting is required. A related graduate degree preferred.
- CPA required.
Additional Job Details
- Primary Work Location: Braintree MA, with an option of Danvers or Fall River MA or full-time remote
- Benefits (dependent on total hours worked, can be discussed): Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
-This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous, People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects, Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction, Detail-oriented – enjoys working on the details of an engagement while still looking at how these details impact the bigger picture, Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail, Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction, Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Resumes can be Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kevin P. Martin & Associates
For more than 40 years, KPM has been earning a national reputation for being as involved with our clients’ mission statements as we are with their financial statements. We make it our business to get beyond the historical bottom line - to get to know you, to get to know your business, and to bring a vast amount of industry expertise to an engagement.
At KPM, we know that success doesn’t just “happen”, and that challenges and opportunities come in many shapes and sizes. We can help bring your organization to that point where you begin seeing breakthrough results, and help you achieve or maintain your competitive edge, even in a shifting business, economic and political climate.
It’s something we like to call “Business Ideas at Work.”
We’re a CPA and business consulting firm that is fervently dedicated to the continued success of our clients. Since 1968, we have grown in experience and size for a few reasons – we’re great at what we do, we’re dedicated to the Business Ideas at Work philosophy in working with clients, and we’ve made service a priority.
To best accomplish this, we’ve taken a boutique practice approach, serving specific industries where we can develop a breadth and... depth of knowledge that we can then apply to the opportunities, challenges and unique needs of our clients. This allows us to move beyond the numbers to seek out trends and opportunities, and to offer solutions that yield results.
We provide a full spectrum of client services, including; assurance, business and strategic planning, capacity building, entrepreneurial services, executive compensation consulting, due diligence relating to mergers and acquisitions, SAS #70 letters, internal control consulting and tax planning and compliance strategies.
At KPM, insights come from a powerful combination of experience and deep industry knowledge. We serve leading and emerging companies in the affordable housing, not for profit, technology and life sciences, and Private enterprise arenas. We specialize in helping clients identify and leverage a variety of significant tax credits and have worked with many television and film production companies to monetize state film tax credits.
Our approach is simple. We strive to be a catalyst for your success.