Nashua, New Hampshire
N. Grafton, Massachusetts
Durham, New Hampshire
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in a university or customer service environment
- Intermediate skills utilizing Excel, including complex formulas in order to acquire, organize, and analyze data
- Experience in analyzing data to determine relevant conclusions and suggest appropriate actions to management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize routine tasks and ad-hoc requests
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work output
- Ability to work (both independently and in conjunction with others) effectively and cooperatively in a small, collegial team environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, intellectually curious
- Experience with analyzing detailed financial records
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures and federal regulations to advise customers and resolve inquiries
Boston University's generous benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, and paid time off! Full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission for courses at Boston University. Note: the remission benefit extends to dependents as well. For more details on benefits, please refer to the Boston University benefits page at https://www.bu.edu/hr/employee-resources/benefits/.
The department of Financial Affairs at Boston University values intellectual, cultural, and social diversity among its staff and students. We remain steadfast in our dedication to building a team that is inclusive and equitable and a place where all constituents can thrive.
For all positions, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative environment and who are flexible and creative. We strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups who share our interest in serving a university community with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities.
Interested applicants are asked to upload a resume, list of references (if available), and submit a cover letter addressed to 'Hiring Manager Senior Student Account Specialist position #1774'. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.