Tufts Support Services organization at Tufts University delivers administrative services to schools and central units across the university’s four campuses. Administrative activities that are common across the many central divisions and schools have been consolidated, allowing expert teams to provide exemplary administrative support to faculty and staff. Comprising administrative support for transactional tasks in human resources, finance, and information technology, along with professional services for budgeting and other functions, support services operates under a governance model that includes service level agreements. Tufts Support Services (TSS) is customer-focused and strives for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction.
The finance components of TSS include Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Travel Services. Accounts Payable manages the day-to-day processing of payment requests ensuring efficient, effective, and accurate cash disbursement and control. They are also primarily responsible for the update and maintenance of the supplier master data. The Procurement Team assists users by processing requisitions and submitting purchase orders to request necessary supplies and services. They also facilitate departmental purchases by providing users access to the various procurement systems at Tufts (Marketplace, p-card, etc). The Travel Services Team assists users (including external guests) in making travel plans and reconciling travel expenses after the trip is completed. All TSS Finance units work with TSS Tier 1 staff, departmental users, Central Administrative units, and outside suppliers to enforce good financial controls and to provide and deliver quality customer service to our constituents.
What You'll Do
The Tufts Support Services Supplier Compliance Representative primary responsibility is to review supplier onboarding information using the PaymentWorks software for approval and set-up in PeopleSoft. This includes all domestic and international suppliers, and individuals allowing payments to be made by the University. This position must have a clear understanding of 1099/1042 standards and other regulatory requirements that suppliers must comply to. Also, this position must be able to work with the suppliers and the Tufts community to solve registration issues and problems.
• Approving PaymentWorks registrations from potential suppliers for completeness and accuracy. This includes the evaluation of the W9 or W-8BEN forms, address, banking information, payment type, and resident alien status.
• Rejecting incomplete/incorrect registrations and communicating with the supplier through PaymentWorks to have them updated.
• Run the daily process report for all new PaymentWorks vendors. • Approving supplier updates for accuracy and completeness. • Rejecting incomplete/incorrect updates and communicating with the supplier through PaymentWorks to have them corrected.
• Manually setting up suppliers that will not complete a PaymentWorks registration. Including TIN matching to ensure that the suppliers W9 for is accurate.
• Assist the AP Supervisor with 1099/1042 research. • Work on Salesforce cases from the Tufts community with questions and issues relating to supplier onboarding.
• Participate in projects or other duties as requested by the AP supervisor. • Documenting the process as changes and updates occur.
What We're Looking For
Knowledge and experience typically acquired by:
• High School diploma. • 3-5 years of experience working in accounts payable • Strong attention to detail, and effective communication skills are required. • Excellent customer service skills are required. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environments
• Understands supplier creation, including international suppliers. Also, the tax forms W9, W-8BEN, and W-8BEN-E. • PeopleSoft and PaymentWorks knowledge are a plus.
Minimum $24.00, Midpoint $28.55, Maximum $33.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
This is Tufts.
Tufts is a student-centered research university with a constellation of world-class schools encompassing undergraduate, graduate, professional, and lifelong learning programs. Across the university, students satisfy their intellectual curiosity, jump-start rewarding careers, and unlock bright, promising futures. Through rigorous academics, groundbreaking research, and a commitment to civic engagement and leadership, our community of students, faculty, and staff collaborate across four Massachusetts campuses to build a brighter world (Medford/Somerville, Grafton, Boston-Chinatown, and Boston-Fenway).
Our employees light the way.
Tufts develops innovative solutions for the most complex global challenges of our time through teaching, research, and an unparalleled investment in civic engagement. In administration and operations, in dining centers and in labs, every employee plays a role in our mission for a better, brighter world.
At Tufts, the work you do matters. So do you.
Enjoy flexible and remote opportunities, innovative benefits, and an inclusive, welcoming, collaborative culture that supports you. Develop your skills. Take classes. Advance your career. ...Do work that makes you proud in a community you love. All while taking great care of yourself and the people who matter most.
We’re all in on creating an anti-racist culture of belonging.
Across Tufts, we’ve deepened our commitment to making the university a truly inclusive place. Where every member of our community contributes and feels like they belong. Where diverse perspectives are seen as our strength, and great ideas are always heard. In offices, labs, classrooms, and beyond, we’re doing this work together, knowing it is the foundation of our mission to create a brighter world.
An innovative university needs resourceful people who make things happen.
Here, collaboration isn’t just a buzzword, colleagues actually care, and community means everything. Sound appealing? Come join us. Choose a campus and find the role that fits you. Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply.
See the University’s Non-Discrimination statement and policy here https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/.
If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617-627-3298 or at email@example.com. Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at https://oeo.tufts.edu/